[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: IllegalAccessException using reflection on private field

flavia.rainone@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 24 12:35:18 EDT 2007

Making the wrapper public is a very delicate question. On one hand, there is the fact that making it private might be incompatible with the security configuration of the user's application. One doesn't have to be aware that a private method will be generated inside his/her class, nor that ReflectionAspect needs security permission to make that method accessible. On the other hand, we have the problem you said, a client can call reflectively the wrapper if it is public. But, again, the client shouldn't know that this method exists, and its name is purposely awkward for that matter.

We can also write a public wrapper that calls  Field.set and Field.get.. This one could be public, because Field.set and Field.get would only be accessible if the field was accessible.

All this needs to be discussed... thanks for your input on the subject :).

Let's wait for Kabir to return from his training, so we can know what he makes of this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048398#4048398

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048398