[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Queue MessageCount - JMX Help

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 24 17:39:25 EDT 2007

There is no incompatibility and this is nothing to with your descriptors.

You are asking a basic JMX question - this is nothing to do with JBoss Messaging.

I suggest what you really need to do is buy a book on JMX - this will tell you how to invoke methods and query attributes on an MBean.

There are plenty of books on Amazon that will tell you how to do this

[hint]
You cannot just call qmbean.getMessageCount() to get the message count from an MBean - it is *not* a normal Java object.
[/hint]

To invoke an operation on an MBean you do something like

  | server.invoke(new ObjectName("MyDomain:key=property"), "doSomething", new Object[0], new String[0]);

There are similar operations to query attributes and do various other things.

This was explained in the wiki page that I told you about in the last post.

As I say, this is not the forum for me to explain the basics of JMX to you.

Please buy a JMX book or as in the JMX forum.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048496#4048496

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048496