[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Conversation Question

gzoller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 24 18:26:24 EDT 2007

Hello,

I've written a wizard page that uses a statefull bean in conversation context.  I want to create a conversation when I enter the page, or join an existing conversation if one exists.  When/if the user goes to the home page I want to end the conversation.

I have two page.xml files:

home.page.xml

  | <page>
  |    <end-conversation/>
  | </page>

wizard.page.xml

  | <page>
  |    <begin-conversation join="true"/>
  | </page>

Simple enough.  What's happening though when I look at the debug screen is that 1) a new conversation is created every time I load/reload the wizard page (the join=true either isn't working or I don't understand its use), and 2) when I nav to the home page the end-conversation isn't closing any of the conversations.

Net result is I seem to be spawning conversations, which would be bad in production.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Greg

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048508#4048508