[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Getting part of a collection with EQL

thierry.rietsch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 25 04:33:08 EDT 2007

Hi all

I try to get part of a collection over hql. In the Hibernate tutorial it is sugested to use the criterias to get the data from a collection. As we are using JBoss Seam framework we rely on EJB.

  | @Entity
  | // ...
  | class SoftwareInventoryObject {
  |   // other code
  |   String name;
  |
  |   @OneToMany
  |   List<SoftwareInventoryObjectPart> parts;
  |
  |   // Getter & Setter
  | }
  |
  | @Entity
  | class SoftwareInventoryObjectPart {
  |   // other code
  |   String name;
  |   // other code
  | }

My first try was to get the SoftwareInventoryObject over this query:
"from SoftwareInventoryObject sio where sio.name = 'foo' and sio.parts.name = 'bar'". Unfortunately this doesn't work. How do I get this running?

Thank you very much for your help,

Thierry

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048610#4048610

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048610