[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam Themes based on domain?

avbentem do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 25 06:09:58 EDT 2007

"tim_perrett" wrote : If i needed each theme to use a different XHTML file within seam, as perhaps the HTML was different, is this even possible?
Yes. Your theme is basically a property file. It could set any property with any name you like. Often it would just be css and template (which you could also name "stylesheet" and "layout", or whatever you like). For example, assuming sub-folders stylesheet and layout:
css stylesheet/my-stylesheet.css
  | template /layout/my-layout.xhtml

The properties can be referenced in your views. And when you set up your views to use a template, like
<ui:composition xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
  |     xmlns:s="http://jboss.com/products/seam/taglib"
  |     template="#{theme.template}">

then Seam will use the template you've specified in the property file for your specific theme.

A side note: when using subfolders, such as /admin/admin.xhtml for your admin view, then you cannot simply use
<link href="#{theme.css}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
For the admin pages, the above would make the browser try to find /admin/stylesheet/my-stylesheet.css instead of /stylesheet/my-stylesheet.css. Instead, use:
<link href="#{facesContext.externalContext.requestContextPath}/#{theme.css}"
  |   rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

Good luck,
Arjan.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048635#4048635