[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Multiple applications connection problem

mex do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 25 07:47:53 EDT 2007

Getting the classloading isolation correct solved the problem.

I defined a distinct loader-repository in a jboss-app.xml in the META-INF of each ear and set
  <attribute name="Isolated">true</attribute>
in the ear-deployer.

This results in an application isolation as desired.
It is not necessary to use xa-datasources - but it also works.

The main problems along the way were to find which part of the application prevented the isolation (in my case it was the scheduler-plugin from outside of the scope of the loader-repository of the applications being referenced from a sar within the application). After sorting that out things were easy.

It was a bit of a surprise to me that the tomcat deployer works in a scoped way ensuring web applications are isolated.
This made me believe in the beginning there was no classloading issue.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048657#4048657

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048657