[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - problem connecting mysql

micho do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 25 08:37:17 EDT 2007

Hi with jboss 4.2 I have problems connecting with mysql when deploying my application (it worked well on another server, but I cant find the difference).

>From the commandline on the same server I can connect to mysql without problems
mysql -u bbcJbossUser -p -h localhost bbcJboss
my mysql-ds.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <datasources>
  |   <local-tx-datasource>
  |     <jndi-name>MySqlDS</jndi-name>
  |    <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/bbcJboss</connection-url>
  |     <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
  |     <user-name>bbcJbossUser</user-name>
  |     <password>GEHEIM</password>
  | <exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.MySQLExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
  |     <metadata>
  |        <type-mapping>mySQL</type-mapping>
  |     </metadata>
  |   </local-tx-datasource>
  | </datasources>

I get the following output on the console:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048668#4048668

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048668