[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Should Seam 1.3 (CVS) run on Java 6?

avbentem do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 25 10:07:18 EDT 2007

"avbentem" wrote : If so, then I'll report issues I find (such as a "[SOAPFaultHelperJAXWS] SOAP request exception java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: setProperty must be overridden by all subclasses of SOAPMessage" that I seem to get in the SeamBay example in JDK 1.6, but not in 1.5).

This is in fact a known issue in JBossWS (JBoss AS 4.2.0.GA ships with jbossws-1.2.1.GA). A comment at JBWS-1439 claims "The reason for this is the SAAJ classes being used in Sun JDK 1.6.0 are not compatible with JBossWS since they use their own SAAJ jar named jboss-saaj.jar".

So, apart from web services: should we report Java 6 specific errors for Seam 1.3 -- if one encounters one?

Arjan.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048688#4048688

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048688