[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: EntityHome for nested entity CRUD?

fernando_jmt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 25 14:18:41 EDT 2007

In order to avoid to have basically the same page twice, I think you can improve that in two ways:

1) Use a page composition for Edit form and pass the component instance as ui:param.

2) Declare in your pages.html alias view-id for each case but render only one page. Something like this:

  | <page view-id="/admin/userListing.xhtml">
  |         <action execute="#{userList.refresh}"/>
  |         <navigation evaluate="#{userList.wired}">
  |             <render view-id="/userList.xhtml"/>
  |         </navigation>
  |     </page>
  |

  | <page view-id="/admin/userListingSpecific.xhtml">
  |         <action execute="#{userList.refresh}"/> //do something with the action
  |         <navigation evaluate="#{userList.wired}">
  |             <render view-id="/userList.xhtml"/>
  |         </navigation>
  |     </page>

With above code I can define some component variables that then I can use to render specific content inside userList.xhtml.
userListing.xhtml and userListingSpecific.xhtml do not exist physically they are only declared in pages.xml.

HTH.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048760#4048760

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048760