[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Testing without EJB

jcruise do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 25 20:08:00 EDT 2007

Hi

Does anybody know how to bootstrap the microcontainer in a test class or console app? I am using pojo/hibernate/tomcat so I don't want to use the embedded ejb-3. I tried simply extending SeamTest, using code a bit like this:

  | public class Administration extends SeamTest {
  |
  | 	EntityManager em() {
  | 		EntityManagerFactory emf = Persistence
  | 				.createEntityManagerFactory("myDatabase");
  | 		EntityManager em = emf.createEntityManager();
  | 		return em;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
  | 		Administration app = new Administration();
  | 		app.execute();
  | 	}
  |
  | 	private void execute() throws Exception {
  |
  | 		EntityManager em = em();
  |
  | 		em.getTransaction().begin();
  |
  | 		Log log = (Log) getInstance("log");
  | 		log.info("Starting  Administration Console");
  |

  | ... stuff with my components ...
  |

  | 		em.getTransaction().commit();
  | 	}

 but I get the following error:

  | 15:55:15,967 ERROR [NamingHelper] Could not obtain initial context
  | javax.naming.NamingException: Local server is not initialized
  | 	at org.jnp.interfaces.LocalOnlyContextFactory.getInitialContext(LocalOnlyContextFactory.java:30)
  | 	at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)
  | 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)
  | 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
  | 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
  | 	at org.hibernate.util.NamingHelper.getInitialContext(NamingHelper.java:28)

Any ideas?

Cheers

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048807#4048807

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048807