[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - 6 questions, should I use JBoss Portal?
do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat May 26 23:01:10 EDT 2007
I am using JSF/JBOSS/Hibernate.
I have asked some questions and looked through this forum. But I am still not clear. Can JBoss Portal allow me to do the following:
1. each user can create account, and be able to create pages, create his own layout and themes, all of these need to be persisted, including portlet location on screen.
2. all users' pages are visible to public. User needs to login only for editing and managing his accounts/pages.
3. Can I use my own user portlet, instead of the standard one? If I have username/password, login programatically instead of displaying web login form.
4. Can I have two databases, one for portal, one for business data?
5. User accounts is per portal or whole portal container? DO I need to create a portal for each user so that the user has his own themes/layout?
Is it scalable to have millions of portals, one for each user?
6. I am using ajax4jsf with MyFaces, can it work with Jboss Portal?
Thanks for guidance.
View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048874#4048874
Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048874
More information about the jboss-user