[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Validation in Restful mode

blackers do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 28 01:03:14 EDT 2007

I have an action that is called from a form on another site and am using the restful mode.  I have an action called from pages.xml.  The issue I have is that using this method my validation does not get called, is there a way that the hibernate validation (annotations in my entity bean) can be called so that the action will only be called if validation succeeds.  If I have the parameter

if="#{validation.succeeded}"

set in the action element my restful post will not work, if I remove the parameter then the action is called, but my validations are not being called.  Is there a way that I can get it to work in a restful application?  It works fine if the form is submitted from the subscribe.seam action.

<page view-id="/subscribe.xhtml" >

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048965#4048965

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048965