[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: s:selectDate ajaxRender

damianharvey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 28 08:07:22 EDT 2007

I had the same issue today. Using the magic of FireBug you can see that when  the date is rendered normally (ie. not via AJAX) it includes a portion of javascript as per below that sets your defaults from the selectDate:
<script type="text/javascript">
  | var CAL_DAYS_SHORT = 'Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa';
  | var CAL_DAYS_MEDIUM = 'Sun,Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat';
  | var CAL_DAYS_LONG = 'Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday';
  | var CAL_MONTHS_MEDIUM = 'Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May,Jun,Jul,Aug,Sep,Oct,Nov,Dec';
  | var CAL_MONTHS_LONG = 'January,February,March,April,May,June,July,August,September,October,November,December';
  | var CAL_FIRST_DAY_OF_WEEK = 0;
  | var CAL_DATE_FORMAT = 'dd/MM/yyyy';
  | </script>
When the date is rendered via AJAX it isn't a new page load so that portion isn't called, so CAL_DATE_FORMAT is undefined and the date is defaulted to MM/dd/yyyy as per line 12 of calendar.js.

The workaround is to add this block into your page (anywhere really) so CAL_DATE_FORMAT is set before the date is rendered via AJAX. Works for me anyway.

Cheers,

Damian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049028#4049028

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4049028