[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - JBoss 4.0.2 Classloader issues?

niner2108 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 28 10:54:14 EDT 2007

Hi -

I am using JOBSS 4.0.2 in serving my web application. My web application is currently on its testing phase and I am having heaps of problems in deploying fixes. Unlike in version 3.2.3, which I was using previously prior to 4.0.2, I was able to deploy all classes after overwriting them from the WAR directory that I have deployed under my EAR (as you may notice I am using an exploded EAR/WAR structure). What happens is I stop the run.bat runnable command with shutdown.bat and then i place my updated class binaries on the correct pacakge hierarchy. On starting I do not see any problems the application is able to deploy fine.

The problem arises when the call to the updated classes are invoked. What happens is I am seeing ClassNotFoundExceptions every time I try to invoke the updated class. What I do in order to resolve the issue is to recompile each and every class that I have. This is of course not an option since ideally I should be only deploying my affected components and it really does not may any sense to deploy unaffected components. This was able to resolve the issue earlier last week but when I tried the same thing today it was not able to help at all.

Thus, I am thinking if this is a known bug or if I am doing something really wrong on how I deploy my application and its underlying classes. This may not be the correct forum and it would be of great if you can point me on to the right direction.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049062#4049062

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4049062