[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: logging process execution in file instead of database

pattchen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 28 12:22:37 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : 3: it is only to a small extend for logs (although it might be the biggest amount of data).
that's the problem!! I don't want to use a database to store process (even at deploytime). So, if I use db logging,i must create a database just for that.
(I works on a JAVA SE application which will load a process definition from an xml file every minute and execute it.)
anonymous wrote :
  | 5: ok, but only part of that is in the logs
That's good to know...

anonymous wrote : 6: a small delete statement on a db could work as well, right?
It's right.

Another issue I 've just think about:
Database logging is more slower than file logging (isn't it?please correct me if I'm wrong), and since the process must be executed as fast as possible (it processes a client request ),and that the only logging use case which interests me is undo functionality, db logging seems to be overkill...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049081#4049081

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4049081