[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @Asynchronous call fails after upgrade to AS 4.2.0.GA

lowecg2004 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 28 14:17:05 EDT 2007

Thanks for the reply Gavin.  You are, of course, right.

I noticed this posting on the EJB3 forum just after receiving your response (I did research this problem before posting... honest):

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=107018

Of particular interest is a comment from Carlo de Wolf:

anonymous wrote : This is not a bug. You're trying to access multiple one phase resources in a single transaction. This was allowed with the old transaction manager, but it's not allowed in the new one. It is possible to set a property in the transaction service to allow multiple one phase resources, but that could lead to transaction problems. Better use two phase resources.

Now I'm a little confused as to what I should do.  Naturally, I'd like to follow Carlo's advice and use "two phase resources" but I don't know what this means in the context of Seam @Asynch methods.

Could you offer any advice?

Cheers,

Chris.