[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: Obnoxious AOP runtime error

mckeno do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 28 22:30:57 EDT 2007

Yeah! you are absolutely right!!! it was cause by the aopc version differentce.

The story is like this:
I put all my jar libs in a so called extlib library which included jboss-aop-jdk5.jar. The problem is that somehow my colleague put some of their jars in there too, one of which is for jboss client and it has the same name jboss-aop-jdk5.jar too but actually they are from different version.
I know this but checking the MANIFEST.MF in the META-INF of the jar.
My colleague's version was : Implementation-Version: jboss-aop-1.5.2.GA
Mine was: Implementation-Version: jboss-aop-1.3.5

And somehow in Eclipse classpath my colleague's file was listed before mine that's maybe why it use that one to run the project and cause the error.

I solved this by adding my aop jar to the classpath and re-order it to the appear before all jar and now the problems gone.

Thanks a lot Kabir!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049170#4049170

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4049170