[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Basic question about IIOP

HibsMax do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 29 17:34:49 EDT 2007

Hi, Folks.

Sorry for the crosspost.  I posted this question on another forum but found out that it should probably have been posted here (as per this thread : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=58934).  Anyway, here is the original question:

=============

Hi, Group.

Apologies if this question is to vague or scant on details, I am very new to this sort of stuff and I've not been able to find out much online. Perhaps I am using the incorrect search terms or something.

I have a servlet that sends various messages to an EJB running on another server. The protocol used is IIOP. When I access the servlet, I get this error message on my stdout:
javax.naming.NamingException: Failed to retrieve Naming interface [Root exception is java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: iiop]

I am setting the Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY to:
org.jboss.naming.HttpNamingContextFactory

and I also tried:
org.jboss.iiop.naming.ORBInitialContextFactory

I've scanned through the JBoss Admin Guide (4.2 by the way) and I get the impression that this should work without further /much configuration but that's just a guess really. Can anyone shed any light on this or point me in the correct direction? I feel like this should be soo simple and it probably is. :)

My server is based on the all configuration.

Peace, Anders

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049551#4049551

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4049551