[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @Asynchronous call fails after upgrade to AS 4.2.0.GA

lowecg2004 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 29 19:36:25 EDT 2007

Okay, it seems that under 4.0.5 I had been ignoring warnings like these:

20:35:12,718 WARN  [TxConnectionManager] Prepare called on a local tx. Use of local transactions on a jta transaction with more than one branch may result in inconsistent data in some cases of failure

The TX service in 4.2 treats this condition as an error.

As an experiment, I changed the EJB3 timer to use MySQL 5.0, as described by the following:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=SetUpMysqlAsDefaultDS

But I still got the same error.

Further investigation revealed that I get this error if I attempt to call an async method having previously done anything "EJB" (say, select something) in the same method.

The only solution I could find was to separate out the calls of the required concerns:

JSF ManagedBean -> A:doSomethingEjb();
JSF ManagedBean -> B:callAsyncMethod();

There is no mention of this potential trap in the reference guide - might be useful to add something?

BTW - I found this to be a concise souce of info with regard to understanding what 2 phase resources are:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/xa.html

Cheers,

C.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049560#4049560