[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: 4.0.5 to 4.2.0 upgrade and JBossTS

djr667 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 30 01:47:00 EDT 2007

I had several problems with XA, namely:

1. JDBC commit() calls failed with 'use XA commit instead' exceptions in Oracle 9i OCI drivers.

2. After clicking around in a few apps we would get (cannot remember the exact message) 'unable to reuse connection, transaction outstanding' on a pooled connection.

None of these problems occur in in 4.0.5 (or modified 4.2.0) when using local transactions. The code base is clean: we never get JBoss 'cleanup your connections' messages, bespoke commt()/rollback() are always called in 'finally' blocks and we use the plain JDBC API for things - plus much of this code has been running OK since JBoss 3.

After googling etc I came across a JBoss forum post that indicated that the JBossTS transaction service only supports one local-x datasource. Trying to confirm this has been difficult so I have assumed it is true and have disabled JBossTS.

Dave

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049588#4049588

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4049588