[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Piling thread count when it polls the queue.

apk2072 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 30 11:10:26 EDT 2007

Tim,

Sorry I forgot to give the JBM version, it is "jboss-messaging-1.2.0.GA" version.

Use case is simple:

Our application creates the messages (Emails, Web services and some application tasks which can be executed asynchronously) using the JBM 1.2.0 version JMS API.

Other side, I wrote a Consumer Manager wrapper which polls for every 10 seconds (for example) to look for the new messages in the JMS queue, wrapper class uses the JMS API to poll for a new message.  Every time it polls the wrapper class creates a javax.jms.MessageConsumer object as I shown you in the code. This is where new threads are getting created and they are not getting recycled.

For you to reproduce the problem, call the method (which I posted) continuously and monitor the JVM for total thread counts. You would see increase in thread count.

Hope I gave you the enough information.

Thanks,
APK.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049769#4049769