[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Servlets being deployed before session beans in 4.0.5GA

asylumx do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 30 11:34:35 EDT 2007

Hello.

I'm trying to move my application from Jboss 4.0.4GA to Jboss 4.0.5GA and I'm coming across the following problem:

  | 14:53:01,778 ERROR [STDERR] com.mycompany.myapp.shared.service.DelegateInitializationException: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: myapp not bound
  | 14:53:01,779 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.mycompany.myapp.shared.service.SystemDelegate.<init>(Unknown Source)
  | 14:53:01,779 ERROR [STDERR]     at com.mycompany.myapp.webclient.servlet.SystemCodeContextListener.contextInitialized(Unknown Source)
  | 14:53:01,779 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3763)
  | 14:53:01,779 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4211)
  | 14:53:01,780 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:759)
  | 14:53:01,780 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
  | 14:53:01,780 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
  | 14:53:01,780 ERROR [STDERR]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

I have an HttpServlet (SystemDelegate), which is initialized via a context listener (SystemCodeContextListener) on deployment, that looks up a bunch of session beans in its constructer so that they are ready to go when they are actually needed.  This listener is being deployed before the session beans in 4.0.5GA even though it was deployed after in 4.0.4GA which means the session beans don't exist yet - hence the naming exception.

The entire app is deployed in an earfile named myapp.ear and this all works fine on 4.0.4GA but I get the error above when attempting to deploy on 4.0.5GA.

Is there any way to force the app to deploy the context listener AFTER the session beans?  We have a similar problem in another application, as well.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049787#4049787

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4049787