[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam CVS+JBoss 4.2+Trinidad

smithbstl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 30 17:40:01 EDT 2007

Ok Chris I got it working.  I am almost too embarrassed to tell you the problem.  In converting to JBoss 4.2, I used SeamGen to generate a new project (I was using a Netbeans JEE project).  Well seamgen decided to put my facelets templates in a different location.  So the templates were not being found hence the 404's.  The strange part is I was not getting any standard facelet error messages to that effect in the server log, just these strange A4J Filter messages.  Ah well, thanks for all your help.

BTW, you can slim down your web.xml a bit.  You can consolidate your Seam Exception Filter and Seam Redirect Filter into one

  |      <filter>
  |         <filter-name>Seam Filter</filter-name>
  |         <filter-class>org.jboss.seam.web.SeamFilter</filter-class>
  |     </filter>
  |
  |     <filter-mapping>
  |         <filter-name>Seam Filter</filter-name>
  |         <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  |     </filter-mapping>

This was introduced in Seam 1.2

Also you can get rid of the A4J filter all together, the Seam Filter takes care of this as well (I think this is new in CVS)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4049927#4049927

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4049927