[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Can't get @TransactionTimeout to work

rlj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 31 09:03:29 EDT 2007

I have a Stateless EJB3 bean which specify:

  | @TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRES_NEW)
  | @TransactionTimeout(3600)
  | public Long doMerge(String someParams) {
  |    // Some DB acces which runs for more than 5 minutes
  |    // which is the default transaction-timeout value
  | }

I'm deploying this on the JBossAS v. 4.0.5-GA

But it dos'nt seem to work. I get a transaction timeout after the default value of 5 minutes.

If I use the "fix" given here:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=108173
I do get two timeout messages follow each-other

I've spent two days crawling the net looking for documentation on how to use this annotation. If someone could tell me exactly how this should be working I would be very glad.

/RLJ

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050135#4050135

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4050135