[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: About JBoss Portal 2.6 ...

thomas.heute@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 31 10:07:33 EDT 2007

"fquimbay" wrote :
  | 1. Is JBoss Portal 2.6 sufficiently stable for a production project ?

JBoss Portal 2.4 is used in production in many places, 2.6 will be final late in June and is already used in production on jboss.org

"fquimbay" wrote :
  | 2. Is possible separate the portal tables and bussiness tables in diferent databases required for JBoss Portal Project ? This is advisable ?

Sure, as any web application, create any number of datasource you want.

"fquimbay" wrote :
  | 3. If we need to modify the behaviour of add users and roles (more or less fields in the form), any problem with the initial and stable behaviour of the JBoss Portal ?

You can add remove any number of user properties (those are Strings). For the form, just modify the form of the user portlet and the backend to take them into account.

You can store those porperties in LDAP or database out of the box (or anywhere if you implement some interfaces)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050165#4050165

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4050165