[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: About JBoss Portal 2.6 ...

andres.bustamante do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 31 11:26:05 EDT 2007

Hi.

I've got a question about the last topic: What are the implications of making a change in the backend of the users management? Is it necessary to recompile the source code of JBoss Portal to make my changes effective?

Basically, I need to manage user and roles in a different way than just a portal access. Users are so much important for other bussiness logic. So, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to make changes directly on the users module already available in Portal, or maybe it could be better to make my own users module apart, using another database and under my own rules. In that case, I should disable the default portal users module, and actually, I don't know wheter it is possible or not, and how this could affect Portal functionality.

Another interesting topic for me is Usability of software in my project. In the case I work over the modules that Portal currently offers, I could need to change some messages for the UI. How might I customise my outputs for final users? Again, should be necessary to recompile Portal sources to make my changes effective?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050219#4050219

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4050219