[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - badly behavior of <s:button> with page actions

cfranky do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 31 13:20:49 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have found a badly behavior of the seam <s:button> when it has an associated action A after which a page action B must happen (before rendering the page).

The badly behavior consists in that the action B is executed before the action A; this is an inverted order with respect to what one hopes.

My concrete example is the following:

pages.xml contains the page action:

<page view-id="/pages/security/profileGestion/profiles.xhtml">
  |        <action execute="#{profileGestion.getProfiles}"/>
  | </page>

profiles.xhtml contains a <s:button> :

<s:button id="cancel" value="Cancel"
  |      action="#{profileGestion.cancelUpdates}"
  |      styleClass="button" />

When the user presses the button, the log flags show the invocation of methods of profileGestion EJB in the following mistaken order:
getProfiles(), cancelUpdates()

When I change the seam <s:button> by the Tomahawk <t:commandButton> I get the correct behavior because the log flags show the invocation of methods of profileGestion EJB in the following good order:
cancelUpdates(), getProfiles()

I would like to know an explanation about the mistaken behavior with the seam <s:button> when it is combined with a page action.

Thanks in advance,
Maria Consuelo Franky

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050263#4050263

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4050263