[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Doubts about the authenticaton process

Marcos_APS do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 31 13:53:34 EDT 2007

- JBoss 4.2.0GA

Hello, everybody!
I have my own database with my users and their passwords already encrypted. So I want to write a custom login module to do the authentication, but as I'm new to Java EE and JBoss I'm with the following doubts to proceed:

- How do I link the username and password typed on a web page to the custom login module? I mean how do I pass the username and password to the login module?

- How do I have control about when JBoss do the authentication. I mean, I just want JBoss do the authentication when I fire it (after, of course, a button in my login page is pressed).

I know that these should be basic doubts, but I would like to have your help with it as I'm new to it in JBoss and Java EE.

Thank you.

Marcos

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050272#4050272

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4050272