[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Getting a list of the process variables in a process instanc

lachelt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 31 18:52:30 EDT 2007

>From outside of a process instance I want to get visibility into the current state of a process instance (e.g. what are its process variables and their values).  For some context? I am showing a list of the process instances, but want to give the client more than just the instance id, process name, start time, end time, etc.  I want to give more info that identifies this process instance (to a user) ? which would come from variables in the process instance.

I found that I can get the root token for a process instance, and then construct an ExecutionContext from that which lets me get a variable.  This seems sort of overkill.  I don?t want to do execution at this point? I just want to see into the process instance.  Is this the only/recommended way to do what I want?

Also, is it possible to get a list of the Process Variables in the process instance?  I?ve only found the ExecutionContext.getVariable() method ? for which I need to know the name of a specific variable I am interested in.

Thanks,
   -Jon

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050338#4050338

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4050338