[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - Help with Weblogic to JBoss migration

hanif77 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 1 13:41:07 EDT 2007

I have a problem with JNDI when moving from Weblogic  6 to JBoss 4.2.0.GA.

I have a class which is bound to a JNDI name (Global), but when I do a lookup I always seem to get a copy rather than a reference. This code had previously worked ok on Weblogic.

public class RuleCacheHolder implements Serializable // implements T3StartupDef, IRuleCacheHolder
{
	/**
	 *
	 */
	private static final long serialVersionUID = 2938516269249036614L;
	private String _className = this.getClass().getName();
	protected boolean noConnection = false;

	private String _cacheName;
	private String _cacheType;
	private String _types[];

	private Hashtable cache = new Hashtable();

	private static final String jndiName = "CACHE_HOLDER_";

	public RuleCacheHolder(String cacheName, String cacheType, String types[]) {
		setCacheName(cacheName);
		setCacheType(cacheType);
		setTypes(types);

		try {
			new InitialContext().bind(jndiName + cacheName, this);
			// initialiseCache();

			// WebLogger.trace(_className+" CACHE_HOLDER_"+getCacheName()+"
			// CREATED...");
		} catch (NamingException ne) {
			ne.printStackTrace();
		}

	}

After creation I populate the cache hashtable from a different class, however when a subsequent lookup is done the cache hashtable is empty. I am using a jndi prop file and have tried changing the CallByValue setting in jboss-service.xml. There are no errors or exceptions in the lookup.

I have scoured the various sites to no avail so any help would be greatly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4101016#4101016

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4101016