[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Serious Classloader Problems

rkapil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 1 16:39:40 EDT 2007

Our JBoss instance has several JSF web applications with their own JSF implementations, so we had to remove the jars in jbossweb-tomcat55.sar\jsf-libs so they wouldn't conflict.

So now I want to experiment with Seam, but when I try to deploy the 1.2.1.GA examples it starts puking about not having the myfaces classes:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener

The problem is that adding those myfaces jars to the jboss-seam-booking war's WEB-INF/lib directory just causes other exceptions like:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/faces/context/FacesContext

So I guess my question is this: how do I get this to work? Where should I put the faces jars?

Any help would be much appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4101081#4101081

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4101081