[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - IIS+mod_jk, authentication does not work

roth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 2 08:55:34 EDT 2007

Hi

I set up IIS with mod_jk and JBoss 4.2.2.GA. This works nicely until I try to access a password-protected site. I have tried with jmx-console, which I set up to use BASIC auth, and with XWiki, which uses FORM auth.

Whenever I access the site, I get a BASIC-style login popup that accepts no credentials whatsoever, and when I click 'Cancel', IIS presents me with a 401.

The above is with tomcatAyuthentificatiom="true". If I set it to false, the FORM-based XWiki reacts the same (401 from IIS), but jmx-console directly returns a 403 from tomcat.

I'm a bit unsure where to look for the problem, is it in IIS? mod_jk? JBoss? XWiki even?

Thanks,
Tobias

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4101286#4101286

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4101286