[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JBoss Messaging and MySQL

haagenhasle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 2 10:50:04 EDT 2007

Hi!

I'm using JBoss Messaging as a part of JBossESB 4.2.1GA, and I'm trying to switch from hsqldb to MySQL.  I've followed instructions I've gotten in the JBossESB forum, but I have one final (?) problem, and was told to go ask you guys here..

I get this WARN statement when I start the server:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'juddidb.jbm_postoffice' doesn't exist

I have manually created the juddidb-database before.  After getting this warningmessage, I tried to create the jbm_postoffice-table manually as well.  I executed the following command in MySQL:

CREATE TABLE JBM_POSTOFFICE (POSTOFFICE_NAME VARCHAR(255), NODE_ID INTEGER, QUEUE_NAME VARCHAR(255),
  |  COND VARCHAR(1023), SELECTOR VARCHAR(1023), CHANNEL_ID BIGINT, CLUSTERED CHAR(1), ALL_NODES CHAR(1)
  | , PRIMARY KEY(POSTOFFICE_NAME, NODE_ID, QUEUE_NAME)) ENGINE = INNODB

And I got this in return:

Error code 1071, SQL state 42000: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1024 bytes

Can anyone help me out with this?

Regards, Haagen

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4101347#4101347

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4101347