[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss Portal : Best Practices

syllant do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 5 09:26:27 EST 2007

Nobody to answer to these relevant questions ?

Seems to me that best approch would consist in building another SAR for specific needs, but as far as I understand, you have to override some files inside core modules to get a portal really customized. Examples :

- META-INF/jboss-service.xml to customize header pages, error pages, ... (otherwise, override default files)
- portal-cms.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml to customize CMS
- portal-server.war/*.jsp for authentication
- etc.

I am setting up my first project with JBP. I've decided to override default files which needs changes (these files are externalized inside custom modules in SVN) and to create a SAR which stores all files specific to our portal : custom portlets, theme, layout, ...

But I'm not totally satisfied with this approch (and its implementation with Maven) : I wish I could customize a portal without changing default configuration.

How do you resolve this ?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4101798#4101798

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4101798