[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: too many system gc calls?

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 5 11:48:20 EST 2007

The best way to see what the GC is doing is to set one of the GC logging options: -verbose:gc, -XX:+PrintGCDetails or -XX:+PrintHeapAtGC. Plotting the data returned by those options should give you a better idea of that is really happening.

I often speak on this topic, and actually found one of my presentations online at http://www.cecmg.de/doc/tagung_2007/agenda07/fileadmin/trilog/download/cecmg_2007/Referenten/Tag2/2B3_Johnson_JavaPerfI.pdf. Hope it helps.  I have other resources available, but they all cost money.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4101890#4101890

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4101890