[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re-deploy fails with exploded ear deployment

memema do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 5 13:00:58 EST 2007

I just upgraded from JBoss tools to Red Hat Studio. One of things I noticed is that my ear file is no longer copied to the deployment directory but is extracted in the deployment directory, thus deployed in an exploded fashion.

The incremental deploy does not work for me. I can see the .class file being updated in the exploded deployment directory but changes are not reflected in the running application (until I stop/start the server).

What's worse is that when I do a 'Full publish' of my application it takes more than 5 seconds (which is  JBoss' default scanperiod for the deployment dir) and JBoss tries to deploy the application which is not fully exploded yet. This results in deployment errors due to missing modules (that haven't been extracted just yet).

As a workaround I have increased the scanperiod, but I still get these errors if I do the re-deploy at the same time JBoss is polling the deployment dir.

How can I prevent JBoss to deploy an application that is being exploded?

Why does incremental deploy not work? What needs to be done to make JBoss reload the updated .class in the exploded deployment dir?

How can I go back to packaged (.ear file) deployment (so that 'Full publish' creates the .ear file and copies it to the deployment dir and does not get exploded).

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4101909#4101909

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4101909