[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - WSRP and managed transactions

fpa1974 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 5 17:42:45 EST 2007

This is for version 2.6.2 of the portal.

I have a question regarding managed transactions. We have developed a portlet that is using hibernate and it is managing its own transactions. If this is deployed and viewed locally on a JBoss portal instance everything works ok.

Now the problem. When this portlet is deployed on a JBoss portal and exposed through WSRP to another JBoss portal instance there is an error message that comes out mentioning and you cannot call commit in a managed transaction. Something tells me that the WSRP request is processed within a managed transaction and that propagates to the portlet. Is it possible to disable that so portlets that manage their own transactions run properly?

This is the SQLException:
java.sql.SQLException: You cannot commit during a managed transaction!

If necessary I can put the whole stack trace in here.

Thanks,
Florian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4101998#4101998

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4101998