[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Need your ideas regarding an error creating identities

grettke_spdr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 7 11:11:37 EST 2007

We are running a Seam 1.2.1 GA app on WAS 6.1. Most everything has worked as expected until today users were not able to log on anymore.

This error occurs when the user tries to log on. One thing to note, when I run the application my local server instance it works fine. This leads me to believe that there is an issue with the server, so my goal is to at least start looking in the right direction.

Looking at the log files we found the following errors:

org.jboss.seam.InstantiationException: Could not instantiate Seam component: org.jboss.seam.security.identity

Caused by: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Cannot get value for expression '#{securityRules}'

<<START Believe this is the websphere specific stuff>>
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException:
Session Object Internals:
id : q-OvJrT25EJG0Hq54-RgGMV
hashCode : 613533358
create time : Tue Nov 06 09:12:18 CST 2007
last access : Tue Nov 06 09:12:18 CST 2007
max inactive interval : 3600
user name : anonymous
valid session : false
new session : true
overflowed : false
app name : default_hostrms
non-serializable app specific session data : null
serializable app specific session data : {}
<<END Believe this is the websphere specific stuff>>

Our security rules are specified within a file called security.drl and have thus far worked correctly. The compnents.xml specifies this file as:

<drools:rule-base name="securityRules">
       <drools:rule-files>/security.drl</drools:rule-files>
   </drools:rule-base>

This is a Seam POJO app.

Any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4102608#4102608