[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: DBUnit Data

neilac333 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 8 00:16:18 EST 2007

As Stewie on Family Guy might say, "Victory is mine!"

I discovered why the data was disappearing.  As I said, the DBUnit Ant task was populating the database as I wanted, but something was happening when I ran my SeamTest, which retrieved that data through JPA.  Well, the persistence unit through which I created the entity manager had hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto set to "create-drop."  Just one setting among many.  Once I set it to "update," everything worked as it should.  This goes to show how the littlest, seemingly unrelated thing can have profound side effects.

Of course, I still have no idea how to get my DBUnitSeamTest past that exception, but at least now I can test my code the old-fashioned way!

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4102769#4102769

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4102769