[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: pages.xml action method fired on ajax requests - must be

stephen.friedrich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 8 10:03:11 EST 2007

"pete.muir at jboss.org" wrote : I'm not really in love with the idea.

Hm, why not?

Use case:
* a GET request loads a page,
* page action starts a conversation
* the initial page load contains an edit form
* conversation continues while another page containing more details is loaded
* navigation returns to the original page (have to set join="true" in the page's begin-conversation tag to make this work).

Now I'd like to be able to fetch persistent data only on initial page load
(to avoid a DB roundtrip when the page is loaded again.)

How do I do that without support for page actions that fire only on first access in a conversation?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4102932#4102932

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4102932