[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Problem installing JBoss Portal

mfb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 8 12:59:09 EST 2007

I am having a problem installing the JBoss Portal.  I downloaded the JBoss Portal + JBoss AS bundle version 2.6.2 and extracted the zip file to a local folder.

I have Java 1.5 installed and I have my JAVA_HOME system environment set up pointing to that location.

The install instructions say to execute the run.bat in the \bin folder.  When I run the Run.bat file, I can see the cmd window open and the install runs for a few minutes.  Eventually, I get to a message in the window: [ProducerInfo] Refreshed registration information for consumer with id 'self' .  The install seems to hang at this point.  As a matter of fact, if I dump the output from the .bat file to a log file I will see multiple entries of this line in the log.

There is no way to get out of this hanging state without closing the window.  At this point, it appears the install is aborted.

I have search the forum to tryd find out why this happening to no avail.

Has anyone seen this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

mfb

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103020#4103020