[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - ClassCast Exception when trying to get a Seam Managed Statef

griffitm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 8 17:49:54 EST 2007

Hi All,

I am getting this error when trying to get a seam managed component from a servlet.

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.javassist.tmp.java.lang.Object_$$_javassist_0
  |         at action.gov.hhs.fda.ocio.fdaaa.servlet.ExcelExportServlet.service(ExcelExportServlet.java:42)
  |         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

The offending line in the servlet looks like this:
        DeliverableSearchAction searchAction = (DeliverableSearchAction) Component.getInstance("deliverableSearch");

The component is defined as:
@Stateful
  | @Name("deliverableSearch")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
  | public class DeliverableSearchAction implements DeliverableSearch, Serializable { ...

I have the following mapping in my components.xml file:
<web:context-filter url-pattern="/excel"/>

I have the following servlet mapping in my web.xml:

  |    <servlet>
  |       <servlet-name>Excel Export Servlet</servlet-name>
  |       <servlet-class>action.gov.hhs.fda.ocio.fdaaa.servlet.ExcelExportServlet</servlet-class>
  |    </servlet>
  |
  |    <servlet-mapping>
  |       <servlet-name>Excel Export Servlet</servlet-name>
  |       <url-pattern>/excel</url-pattern>
  |    </servlet-mapping>

Can anyone point out what I am doing wrong? I'd simply like to get a reference to the seam managed bean so I can get my data from it and export it in Excel format using POI.

Any help would be much appreciated!

MG

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103123#4103123

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103123