[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JBoss Messaging 1.2 and JBoss AS 4.2.2

ikarius do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 9 02:55:14 EST 2007

Very good question, complicated aswer:

I've already used JBM 1.4.0 with success, my problem is that i've got 2 version of JBoss that must share JMS communication:
- "client" JBoss AS 4.0.4 GA, with consumers MDB beans connected to a remote JMS provider ..
- ... remote JMS provider installed on a 4.2.2GA JBoss AS.

JBM 1.4.0 works flawlessly with AS 4.2.2 on both sides, but i think it is not intended to work with JBoss AS 4.0.x version, am i right ?

To make it simple:
- 4.0.4 AS version on "MDB side" is mandatory for warranty and compatibility purposes (ILOG/JRules must run on a 4.0.4 GA to enable support :( )
- a 4.2.x (and later 5.x) must be present on the other side to run the remote JMS provider (EJB3 dev coming)

What version of JBM must i use to achieve that ? JBM v1.2 seemed a good concurent, but now i doubt it ...

I was wondering if there is any compatibility matrix for JBoss AS and JBM versions ?

And thank you for your response.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103168#4103168

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103168