[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - FIFO Ordering also if Rollback (Retry)?

mclu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 12 03:45:51 EST 2007

Hi again!

At our project the order of the messages is important.
For that we configured the listener (MDB) as a SingletonMDB (maxMessages and maxSession is set to "1").

But in cases of a (network or handling) failure the message is marked as retry. New messages which arrived in between are processed BEFORE the other message retries. So the order is scrambled.
Is it possible to configure a real FIFO also in case of retry? I think the order issue is a common requirement.

I only want to stop the queue processing as long as the message can be delivered or I decide via timeToLive or in my code that this message can be dropped.

Is this already possible or is this in the pipeline/feature request?

Greets Markus Lutum / Germany

PS: I do not want to discuss the design of my clients application. Its historical grown. But I want to get rid of all the self implemented Queues with persistent storage and there BUGs :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103569#4103569

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103569