[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Serialization

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 12 12:13:22 EST 2007

We did ship with JBoss Serialization at one point, but turned this off after a while, prompted by some reports that JBoss Serialization was hurting overall performance (and adding an extra jar to the distro).

An explanation from an email conversation I had with Clebert Suconic, the JBoss Serialization maintainer:

"Clebert Suconic" wrote :

  | in recent Java5 (they have ported the fix to java4 as well) they have
  | fixed the synchronized caching what was one of the advantages of jbser.
  | (don't know if pressured by jboss-serialization or not).

So basically the main benefit of JBoss Serialization is now in more recent patch releases of Sun's JDK.  In the end though, I'm sure there are some use cases (depending on the number and type of objects being serialized) where JBoss Serialization may perform better.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103789#4103789

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103789