[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: editing part of a business key with seam framework

koenhandekyn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 12 13:12:29 EST 2007

the 'details' view opens fine, make a change to the one part of key value (name for example).

press the standard 'update' button (triggering the update method on the home component. update success is presented (as a faces message),

pushing the 'done' button brings you back to the list view, but the values belonging to the composite key don't update.

so NO visible 'issues' but the update for the key fields don't seem to get triggered.

it's not critical, I turned back to an artificial ID field, and defined a composite uniqueConstraint for the business identity colums of the business composite key. but i would like to understand the issue.

for clarity, it's not a generic seam question, but a question relating to the seam EntityHome base class as far as i can trace.  are there examples with composite business keys getting manipulated with the EntityHome base classes that I missed?

thanx

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103821#4103821

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103821