[jboss-user] JBOSS MQ ReadTimeout Exception

Rafael Leonardo rl at responsfabrikken.com.br
Mon Nov 12 15:16:04 EST 2007

Hi All,

I have a doubt on Jboss MQ system. Maybe one of you guys can help me with
this problem. I looked for some solution in jboss wiki without success.

This is the case:

I am receiving the following exception in server.log:

I have already read the following source
(http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=IGetIOExceptionPingTimeoutHowDoIFi
xIt) none of the solutions proposed worked. The problem occurs after some
days (15) working quite well.

My jboss version is jboss HA 4.0.2

2007-11-11 13:48:47,536 WARN
[org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivation] Failure in jms
activation org.jboss.resou

rce.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivationSpec at 8c3d026(ra=org.jboss.resource.adapt
er.jms.JmsResourceAdapter at 577d583 destination=que

ue/TQueue isTopic=false tx=true durable=false reconnect=10
provider=java:/DefaultJMSProvider user

=null maxMessages=1 minSession=1 maxSession=15 keepAlive=60000 useDLQ=true
DLQHandler=org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.d

lq.GenericDLQHandler DLQJndiName=queue/DLQ DLQUser=null DLQMaxResent=0)

org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Exiting on IOE; - nested throwable:
(java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out)

        at
org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException.getAsJMSException(SpyJMSException.java:72)

        at org.jboss.mq.Connection.asynchFailure(Connection.java:421)

        at
org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.UILClientILService.asynchFailure(UILClientILService.jav
a:174)

        at
org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager$ReadTask.handleStop(SocketManager.java:43
9)

        at
org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager$ReadTask.run(SocketManager.java:371)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)

        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:235)

        at
org.jboss.util.stream.NotifyingBufferedInputStream.read(NotifyingBufferedInp
utStream.java:79)

        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.peek(ObjectInputStream.java:2196)

        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readBlockHeader(ObjectInputSt
ream.java:2376)

        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.refill(ObjectInputStream.java
:2443)

        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.read(ObjectInputStream.java:2
515)

        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readByte(ObjectInputStream.ja
va:2664)

        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readByte(ObjectInputStream.java:875)

        at
org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager$ReadTask.run(SocketManager.java:316)

        ... 1 more

Rafael Leonardo Siqueira da Silva,