[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Writing SeamTests with Seam 2.0.0. CR2 - What's Changed?

bsmithjj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 12 16:25:23 EST 2007

anonymous wrote : Well the error you posted is because your jndiPattern isn't getting set I think.  That's what it looks like, but I've set the jndiPattern, even wrote code to query the JNDI tree and list all the bound objects  - I'm using the right pattern and seam is not finding it (in my setup).  I believe there is a classloader issue here;  possibly another components.xml being read (but I haven't looked into this in about a week and a half now....)

anonymous wrote : This is all further compounded by the fact that Embedded JBoss needs a maintainer. Please, take your frustrations over to the Embedded JBoss forum as well as that is the place to rant to get the right people's attention.

er.... I wouldn't even use JSF if I hadn't got started with Seam - I don't particularly like JSF.  I might have been happy sticking with Hibernate + Spring for entities, DAOs, biz-objects, etc., however, Seam made the case for EJB3.  Because I elected to try Seam, I needed to take a look at JSF, Facelets, 1-or-more JSF tag libraries, and EJB3.  One of the perils of using Seam, at least for me, is how Seam forces me to track several dimensions (frameworks, API's, configurations, etc.) simultaneously.  My point here is that I wouldn't be using the Jboss Embedded if I hadn't followed the seam recommendation to use EJB3 (this was before Seam IOC existed...).  I don't think it's responsible for the framework to promote a usage pattern and break that pattern.  I think the frustration is well-placed here.

I've already mentioned (either here in the forum or to Gavin) that I would have been quite happy to follow Seam 1.2.1 to 1.3.X but, hey, 1.3. is Dead On Arrival.  I was looking for fixes in the 1.2.1 -to- 1.3.X codebase.  My only forward path with Seam is 1.2.1 to 2.0.0 and thus, I have to resolve solved problems, and thus here we are discussing this stuff....

Anyway, I'm going to have to waste some more time to get that jboss embedded working via maven 2 - I'm close, but not quite done....

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/06/science/06tier.html

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103877#4103877

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103877