[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Conversation and Manual Flush Mode

dapeng do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 13 04:01:34 EST 2007

Hi, Pete,

I know the difference bet. tx-commit and persistence context flush. My question is, whether the manual flush is always the best strategy for a conversation, when I don't want to see modified data in the database permaturely, before the conversation is completed.

in Seam examples and documentation the manual flush is called in the JSF layer. But in my layered application, I would not like to expose the entitymanager to the JSF layer but to keep in the "backend layers" (service + dao).

Do you have a suggestion, how to handle the manual flsuh without exposing the entity manager in the jsf layer?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103973#4103973

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103973