[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: how to 'stay in conversation' with rich suggestionbox?

bsmithjj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 13 08:37:35 EST 2007

Pete,

I went to 10 seconds concurrent-request-timeout="10000" - no luck.  I looked over the documentation on that in the manual (just above section 6.9.1 which I used to come up with the settings used in the suggestionbox attributes).  The basic flow I am trying to 'do' is:

a.)  on an editor page, select or create a new (parent) entity for edit purposes

b.)  add a new child entity to the parent by clicking a link (JSF commandButton which should preserve conversation id - it does).

c.)  return to parent editor page.

It's while working on b.), during selection of a suggested entity, that I am losing track of the SFSB and other conversational objects (particularly the parent entity) that are bijected on the SFSB using the @In/@Out annotations.  Isn't it correct that an entity which is @Out'ed from a SFSB is @Out'ed to the same scope as the SFSB?   The default scope for a SFSB should be conversational.  Notice above in post one that I put the conversation ID (cid) in the form as extra 'insurance' that my events occur in the scope of the same conversation.  Also, I've made sure that my navigation rules 'join' the conversation as well.... (frustration meter rising!  ;-))

Thanks,
Brad

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104113#4104113

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104113